End User License Agreement
LICENSE TERMS FOR PCSAFE SOFTWARE “Adware Filter”
THESE LICENSE TERMS ARE AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN PCSAFE AND YOU. PLEASE READ THEM. THEY APPLY TO THE SOFTWARE NAMED ABOVE WHICH INCLUDES THE MEDIA ON WHICH YOU RECEIVED IT, IF ANY. THE TERMS ALSO APPLY TO ANY FUTURE PCSAFE:
FOR THIS SOFTWARE AND THESE SERVICES, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.
1. OVERVIEW. When Adware Filter is running it checks your computer for malicious software listed in its database, and if detected, removes the malicious software from your computer, or stores it safely in a quarantine folder. The tool must be run again on that computer to detect and remove subsequent malicious software that might infect the computer.
You can control the receipt of Adware Filter updates, computer scanning and other aspects of Adware Filter operation using the Options page in Adware Filter.
2. PRIVACY NOTICE. When you use Adware Filter to report malicious software, information is collected from your computer only for the purpose of assisting our technical staff in resolving your computer problem. PCSafe does not collect and publish aggregated data about the use of the software. NO problem reporting is done without your explicit request.
3. RIGHTS TO USE SOFTWARE. The Adware Filter software is licensed on a per computer basis, except as described in special purchase terms, such as use of first paid copy on up to 5 personal computers. If you comply with this agreement, for each license you acquire you have the following rights:
Distribution. You may copy the software for your person, family, or business use within the constraints of the number of licensed copies. However, we strongly recommend that you always install the software directly from our web site www.pcsafe.com in order to obtain the most current edition of the software and filters.
4. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. PCSafe reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. You may not:
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation,
- make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation,
- publish the software for others to copy,
- rent, lease or lend it, or
- use it for commercial software hosting services.
If you are an Affiliate of PCSafe, then some of these provisions might not apply. Please refer to the affiliate agreement at the www.pcsafe.com web site for further information.
5. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. NOTE: Although the software uses the Blowfish encryption algorithm internally for its own purposes, there is not exposed interface to this algorithm, and no data may be arbitrarily encrypted with it.
6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement and any amendments to it, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
7. APPLICABLE LAW.
PCSafe is incorporated in the state of Washington and only sells its software over the Internet, or through its affiliate wholesalers. Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it.
8. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your state or country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your state or country if the laws of your state or country do not permit it to do so.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS. WE GIVE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, WE EXCLUDE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10. LIMITATIONS ON AND EXCLUSIONS OF DAMAGES. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM PCSAFE AND ITS AFFILIATE SUPPLIERS ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO US$5.00. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This limitation applies to
- any matter related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs, and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if
- repair, replacement or a refund for the software does not fully compensate you for any losses, or
- PCSafe knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. They also may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.